Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Library Loot


 Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
Since I read and enjoyed both Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist and Will Grayson, Will Grayson, I decided to pick up The Lover's Dictionary, another Levithan book. This is the first time I'll read one of his solo works.
I recently read Tales of the Otherworld, Armstrong's other short story collection, and looking forward to reading more. I've been loving the series and will read anything with those characters. 
Since I saw Mark Teppo at the NW Bookfest over the weekend, I wanted to read his books. This is the first in the Codex of Souls. 
This is on my Fill In The Gaps list. I've heard mixed reviews so I'm not sure how this one will go.
I saw this one at the weekend at the NW Bookfest and immediately put it on my queue. I think I'll like this one.
What did you get this week?

8 comments:

  1. Nice mix of books there! I loved The Thirteenth Tale.

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked but didn't love The Thirteenth Tale. A Lover's Dictionary looks really great. I want to read that at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy these! I love the cover on The Lover's Dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the 13th Tale...enjoy your loot..looks like great reading ahead1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome loot at always :) I want the Amrstrong one

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Kelley's latest to read and review- Spellbound. I got to interview her about six weeks ago. I can post the link if you like

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked 'The Thirteenth Tale' when I read it last year. 'The Affinity Bridge' is also great fun, though very silly. It reminded me of nothing so much as an episode of Dr Who, which is a good thing in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be interested in your opinion of Levithan's The Lover's Dictionary . I read it earlier this year and thought it was very ho hum, if not pretentious. I've discovered that I prefer the books that he has co-written with other authors over his solo works.

    Love the cover to The Affinity Bridge! Steampunk, I presume?

    No library loot for me this week... still tackling the pile from the last two weeks! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.