Saturday, December 22, 2012

Weekend Cooking: Pumpkin-Nutella Loaf

I pinned this pumpkin-Nutella loaf a while ago. I bought a box of canned pumpkin in October thinking I would make all sorts of pumpkin dishes. This is the first thing I've made using that canned pumpkin. Only 23 more cans to go!
I made this loaf to take to a party last night. It was a huge hit. Not only did it get gobbled up, but plenty of people asked me for the recipe.
Here's the original pin:

Here's mine:
I followed her recipe exactly except I added 1/2 tsp of ginger and 1/2 tsp of cardamon. I thought the additional spice would enhance the flavor. I was right, it did. Tai's asked me to make this again so it might be my go to dessert for the holidays.

Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

7 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! A great use for your pumpkin!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at Nutella...but I totally approve of the cardamon and ginger additions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, great additions! I have some pumpkin in the cupboard; I might have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nutella & pumpkin?!?!?! This sounds so absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm am so going to try this, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a brilliant idea, mixing pumpkin with Nutella. I love both...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore nutella!! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.