Monday, February 20, 2012

Divergent by Veronica Roth

I was going to wait to start the Divergent series until all the books were out but I kept seeing such great reviews about it, I couldn't wait. I loved Divergent and can't wait for the second book.
There are plenty of comparisons to The Hunger Games. I can see the similarities. But there were plenty of differences so I didn't feel like I was reading The Hunger Games 2. Tris' world is divided into factions-Dauntless, Candor, Amity, Erudite, and Abnegation. Tris is conflicted. She can't act like how she was raised to be. She craves excitement, something different than the selfless existence she was raised in. But she sees the merits of her faction. I actually liked how the factions were divided. I loved the world Roth created. It held a lot of similarity to our world now except there was a disaster that created this new factioned society. I could really see Tris' world. Roth made Tris' world so real and complex.
I recommend this to anyone who likes a good dystopian story. I'm looking forward to Insurgent, the second in the series. Others who shared their thoughts on Divergent: Book Journey, About Happy Books, My Books. My Life, Fluttering Butterflies, Feeding My Book Addiction, Paranormal Indulgence, The Broke and The Bookish, Jenn Musing, Read. Breathe. Relax, My Overstuffed Bookshelf, Reading With Tequila, and I Read Banned Books.

4 comments:

  1. Well, you have convinced me to add this to my must read list! I will be read books 2 and 3 of the Hunger Games in the next few months. I'm sure my son would enjoy Divergent. I'll have to tell him about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not a book to buy, still a book I want to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Divergent and also can't wait for the next book to come out. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this one yet either. Although the rate I'm going I should probably just wait till May so I can read both books at once.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.