Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Library Loot #17

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
For Tai, Xenocide and A Stroke Of Midnight. I expect these to last time a little longer than the last group of books did. Finally Little Bee came for me. I can't wait!
I finished the first book on my Filling In The Gaps challenge-The Brief Wonderous Life Of Oscar Wao. I was so excited to read this book but was totally disappointed. I loved the parts about Oscar not so much about his family. Here's my complete review. Has anyone else read it? Other reviews can be found here at Trish's Reading Nook, Cicadian Rhythms, Age 30+...A Lifetime of Books.

8 comments:

  1. Hamilton, looks nice :)
    Great loot there

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a book yesterday to help us predict the future by rolling some dice and then flipping to the right page.

    It's kinda fun but apparently I'm never gonna get a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Little Bee myself...enjoy that one. I haven't read Oscar Wao...so now I'm heading over to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Little Bee. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh-oh: I have Oscar Wao on my TBR shelf. I'll just hope for the best! That cover of Little Bee gets be every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Oscar Wao on my TBR list. One of these days I will get around to borrowing it. Same with Laurell K Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got Little Bee on audio, but there is still one more ahead of it. I've seen some great review - hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking to my review. OSCAR was definitely a strange book, and I only really appreciated it after hearing a talk by the author where he explained much of it.

    On the other hand I loved LITTLE BEE, although it deals with some difficult subject matter. Please drop by my blog and let me know when you review it - I'd love to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.