Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Weekly Geek #14


This week's task was sent in by Maree of Just Add Books, who's been thinking about those things that we do when we're not reading or blogging. Here's what Maree has to say:

The comments on this post of mine got me thinking about guilty pleasures. Non-reading guilty pleasures.

Mine at the time the post was written was American Idol. Particularly one contestant, as you can see. By now, the show is over, and the results are in, one way or another. But my inappropriate addiction to Idol got me thinking about the things we do that we love but that we don't like to admit to--our guilty pleasures. Mine is reality TV, which scratches that small, dark place that we all have.

So. Weekly Geeks, we're going into the confessional this week.

What's your non-reading guilty pleasure?
Trashy TV?
Trashier movies?
Junk food?

Well Tai would say my guilty pleasure is bad movies. At least bad to him. I love cheesy action flicks (like anything with Jason Statham) and teen movies (my favorite being Can't Hardly Wait). I could watch Bring It On, She's All That, and Mean Girls over and over again. Or an action flick marathon would also keep me happy. Put on the Transporter series and the third Blade movie and I will sit happily in front of the tv for hours!
But I would say my guilt pleasure is junk food. I love candy, carmel corn, ice cream, brownies, cupcakes, and fast food. I'm trying to limit all that but I could eat it all day!
What about you? What your guilty pleasure?

4 comments:

  1. I could sure eat brownies all day and I adore trashy movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does listening and singing to show tunes and or Disney songs count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm guilty for desserts. i could be massively full and still want dessert. if i don't ask for it, the hubby totally thinks i'm sick or something.

    i'm also a fan of teen flicks like the ones you brought up, but it doesn't have to be new ones. I could watch heathers and shag OVER and OVER again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you on the movies and the junk food _ I loved Mean Girls.
    And the third Blade movie
    Happy Weekly Geeks :)

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.