Monday, January 18, 2010

Sucess At Ikea

So I've been at a standstill with the unpacking and organizing of our place. We have so much more space but I didn't have enough storage space-shelves and such. I met a friend over the weekend at Ikea to see what I found. And I found something for the dining room to get some more storage.
I can't believe it but I'm going to show you the before picture!

I had fun in Picnik.
 
I bought this lovely wire rack in the as is section of Ikea (my favorite part of Ikea). I've freed up so much space in the kitchen by getting all that stuff out. All those pantry items were taking up valuable counter space.
There's still crap in the dining room but it feels a little more organized. I also bought this lamp but haven't put it together. I'm thinking I'll put it in the living room.

7 comments:

  1. Nice work - I LOVE organizing. It makes me feel so happy.

    Thanks for the comment on my book list. I know you're a crazy voracious reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe that I have yet to set foot in an Ikea???? Looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so love that place, spending my next saturday there all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great organizing skills!
    I love IKEA.
    I have surely spent $2000 there in the last year alone after our addition was finished. Family room furniture, bookshelves for my girls, bedside night stands for three bedrooms, a desk, lamps, dresser, reading chair in bedroom, curtains for 30+ windows, rods for 30+ windows... and of course, Swedish meatballs and Daim cake. You didn't leave without some of that, did you??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. We have that shelf and that lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!! I love those wire racks, I like the "industrial" look of them (dorky, I know). It looks like it fits perfectly, and I'm glad it's given you more space!

    But only one shelf for the liquor cabinet????? ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a brave...and honest...woman showing us the before and after pix! :) Guess I should be getting to IKEA myself...btw...they should be paying you for such great publicity!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.