Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books To Read in A Day


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

This Top Ten Tuesday is so perfect for the upcoming Readathon (April 21). Here are ten books I have read in a day:

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins-I can't believe it's only been a year since I read The Hunger Games. I got the whole series to read for the Readathon. I only completed The Hunger Games but was able to start Catching Fire too.

2. Kafka's Soup by Mark Crick- This is a collection of short stories. Each one is a recipe as written by a different author. Funny and engaging.

3. The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore. Despite the fact this one is over 500 pages, I completed this one in a day. It was completely engaging and I could not put it down. 

4. Autobiography of A Fat Bride by Laurie Nataro-Actually I could substitute any of her humor books here. I find I share Nataro's sense of humor. I love the silly places she finds herself. 

5. The Secret Life Of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd-I was sad it took me so long to read this one. Such a great vivid story that I couldn't put down.

6. Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater-I loved this book. I wanted to crawl inside this book and live. 


8. Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner-Probably the first book I stayed up all night to read as an adult. I also cried for most of it. I remember giving it to my best friend the next day, telling her to read it immediately. 

9. Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler-Actually any of the Riders of The Apocalypse books could be read in a day. Short powerful stories that leave me craving the next in the series. 

10. Nothing But Ghosts by Beth Kephart-A great book about loss and discovering your past. Also some beautiful writing that will engage you quickly. 

5 comments:

  1. Bridget Jones!!! I adore the books so much :) I think it took me three days to read them though - but I was pregnant and easily distracted at the time!

    Stop by and see my Top Ten / Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUst put Kafka's Soup on my wishlst! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your list..many I've read but others I have noted for future reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I forgot about Ballad, I LOVE that book! Great list. Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bridget Jones! I read that one senior year of high school and devoured it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.