Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mini Reviews: Loki's Wolves by KL Armstrong & MA Marr, Hawkeye: My Life As A Weapon by Matt Fraction, and Consider The Fork by Bee Wilson

Here are a few more books I read recently that I enjoyed but don't want to/have time to do a full review. A mixed bag today of a MG, a graphic novel, and a nonfiction book.

Once I discovered that KL Armstrong was Kelley Armstrong of the Women of The Otherworld series and MA Marr was Melissa Marr of Wicked Lovely, I was sold on reading Loki's Wolves. I'm really glad I did. I throughly enjoyed Loki's Wolves. After reading Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles, I know much more about Norse mythology and was excited to see it from another perspective. I'm excited for the second in the series.

My fondness for Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye in the latest Avengers movie caused me to pick up Hawkeye; My Life As A Weapon. This graphic novel gives a more in depth look at Clint Barton/Hawkeye. I really enjoyed it. It was funny, dark and surprising. A new favorite graphic novel series.
A fantastic history of all things cooking. From the oven to the spoon, Wilson discussed the history and the why behind what we cook with. I would pair Consider The Fork with Salt or Catching Fire as a gift for the foodie in your life.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent short reviews. Exactly what I'm looking for. I want to read all 3. I think my oldest would love that graphic novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Consider the Fork looks really interesting. After all it combines two of my favorites food and history! Definitely will need to look out for it.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.