Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen

I picked up The Peach Keeper after hearing so many good things about. Actually I've heard a lot of good things about Sarah Addison Allen. I'm glad I did pick it. It was amazing.
The Peach Keeper is a great story about two women, friendship, and love. I'd been craving a good romance and I found it when I picked up The Peach Keeper. But more than romance, The Peach Keeper is about friendship. Willa and Paxton went to high school together. They weren't friends back then and they aren't friends now. But life keeps arranging for Willa and Paxton together. First Paxton's brother, Colin, comes back to town. Life keeps bringing Colin into Willa's life. Willa fights her attraction to Colin but it's a losing battle. Paxton is struggling to find out what she wants in life. Connecting with Willa helps Paxton in the end. Both girls get their HEA.
Sarah Addison Allen writes so well. I was entranced with The Peach Keeper from the first page. I could not put it down. The story was so well told and engaging. I loved the characters. I really cared about Paxton and Willa.
Overall I highly recommend The Peach Keeper. Others who shared their thoughts on The Peach Keeper: Library Queue, Southern Girl Reads, Bookfan, Life In The Thumb, Midnight Book Girl, The Written World, and The Perpetual Page-Turner.

4 comments:

  1. I loved one of her books and I am getting another soon--and then I need this one too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book when I read it, too, but sadly, I don't remember much of the characters or plot now.. yikes. I probably read it too fast. I guess that happens sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! I loved this one too. Her first book is still my favorite but each one is unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, what a pretty cover! I haven't read this author before, but I'll add this to my list. Sounds really good! :)

    Marlene Detierro (Eureka Joe's)

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.