Saturday, October 20, 2012

Weekend Cooking: More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow by Stephanie O'Dea

I'm so glad I picked up More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow. I've been cooking more crockpot meals. Makes life so much easier. I love O'Dea's recipes.
I've made three recipes from it so far, but I only took pictures of this one meal: Greek Ribs and Roasted Broccolette with Garlic.
So yummy. The meat was tender and flavorful. Broccolette was in our Full Circle box that day. I had to look up a recipe for the broccolette. It was delicious.
I also made the Dry Rub Ribs (closest recipe I could find, add a tsp of cinnamon) and Crockpot Creamy Red Potatoes. Delicious. I made the potatoes ahead of time then heated up them up when it was time to eat. Both were delicious again.



Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

This was my twelfth read for Foodies Read 2 Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. I own both of Stephanie O'Dea's slow cooker cookbooks and use them often. Will add these to my list of recipes to try - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kicking myself a little bit for not having a slow cooker. I can see that I'll 'need' one very shortly. Such great looking meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of this. Will be putting a slow cooker on to my Xmas wish list. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't own any of O'Dea's book. Looks like I'm going to have remedy that. It's definitely crock pot season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so simple and oh so yummy, too. Everyone loves their crock-pots. For some reason, I don't have much interest in getting one. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.