Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books To Get In The Halloween Spirit



Top Ten Tuesday
 is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is books to get in the Halloween Spirit.
A book about a boy who lives in a graveyard. Delightfully creepy.
I found this one to be romantic and creepy.
I enjoyed this historical fiction set in Massachusetts during the witch trials.
I love this deliciously creepy graphic novel series. 
This great series about vampires taking over the world is creepy and sometimes a little scary.
I love this wonderful story about Kit who moves from Barbados to Connecticut. I love to reread it all the time.
One of my favorite reads of last year. 
Such a funny story about a woman who dies unexpectedly.
One of my favorite Stephen King stories.
A wonderful graphic novel about Jack the Ripper.

What books put you in the Halloween mood?

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a great list of Halloween reading!

    Check out this one my friend Candice and I made -

    http://joriesreads.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/top-ten-books-that-get-candice-into-the-halloween-spirit/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list. The only one I've heard of is Graveminder but I haven't read it.

    Check out my Top 10

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Misery. ONe of my faves by Stephen King!
    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-get-me-in-mooood.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen King terrifies me, but I really need to read Neil Gaiman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like they could set the mood

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Witch on Blackbird Pond. Excellent list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find ghost stories about women and children to be the creepiest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neil Gaiman is my favorite. He advocates All Hallow's Read, where you give books for Halloween. (Plus candy; he's not totally insane.) Check out the website: allhallowsread.com . I give poetry with the candy. So far, no one has egged my house, so it must be acceptable. Or at least, not too terrible. Anyway, All Hallow's Read. And The Graveyard Book is a good one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've read The Witch of Blackbird Pond, but it sounds like a terrific story.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.