Saturday, February 16, 2013

Weekend Cooking: Valentine's Day Dinner

Every year Tai and I stay home and make a special meal for Valentine's Day. I hate fighting crowds for tables at restaurants. Plus we usually choose our favorite foods.
In the appetizer spot, we usually have bacon wrapped scallops. This year was no different:
Excuse my stained plate. It's a special meal on our regular ole plates.
Our main course is usually steak. Preferably aged steaks but this year we went with something different. Full Circle had special Valentine's meals. Tai and I chose the crab risotto. Full Circle sent the rice, the crab, the shallots, the chives, and the recipe. I supplied the stock and the butter.
It was delicious. We also had artichokes but I didn't get a pictures of those.
Full Circle also sent dessert, a molten chocolate cake from Hot Cakes. It was the perfect sweet treat. I love Hot Cakes. I've been to their shop in Ballard and would recommend going.



Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

5 comments:

  1. I love to spend a special Valentine's dinner at home too. The crab risotto looks delicious. Hope it was a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely meal for a special night. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds like a lovely meal. I love molten chocolate cakes!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.