Monday, October 27, 2014

The Devil Wears Kilts by Suzanne Enoch

When I spotted The Devil Wears Kilts on the library shelf, I took a chance. A new romance series with sexy Scots? Sure, why not? Not a bad first book but a little slow.

Ranulf heads to London to fetch his runaway sister. Ranulf hates London and isn't happy about having to spend a moment there. But when he sees Lady Charlotte Hanover, he decides that London might be worth checking out. Charlotte is firmly on the shelf. After her fiancée dies in a duel, Charlotte has no use for hot headed men. But Ranulf is mighty sexy in his kilt.

I have two complaints about The Devil Wears Kilts. First it was slow. There was a lot of back and forth between Ranulf and Charlotte. I liked that their attraction was quick but that they took a lot of time to get to know each other. In fact the sexy times were a lot later than in many other romance novels. But so slow! Too slow for me. I started to get bored. Second, I get confused with their Scottish accents (this happened to me in Outlander too). I think I got tired of trying to figure out what they were saying sometimes. But Charlotte was smart and genuine. Ranulf was a little harder to like but I liked him in the end. I'll try the rest of the series. Others who shared their thoughts on The Devil Wears Kilts: All About Romance, Smexy Books, My Book Addiction Reviews, and Addicted To Romance.
This is my twenty-third read for the Romance Reading Challenge.
And this is my fourteenth read for the Historical Reading Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first time I read the word kenne? Something like that, and I was all what are you saying!!?

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.