Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Readathon: The End of The Event

This was such a weird Read-a-thon for me. I woke up at 6am, only an hour after my start time. I read one book, cheerleaded for a bit, then went back to bed til 9am. Then I woke up made breakfast and read. Then I hung out wih Tai until he left for volleyball. Then Dad and I went out for lunch and a drive. Then I came home and cleaned while listening to an audiobook. I tried to read more after Tai came home but I was unsuccessful. We went out to dinner and saw Fury. I came home cheerleaded for a bit on twitter and went to be around 2am. I completed 3 books and started 2 more. Sucessful but just odd for me. 

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Proably after I first woke up. I felt like it was too early for me and probably why I headed back to bed.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? As always, graphic novels and novellas. But I've found a good audiobook can help too. 
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? The read-a-thon hosts and volunteers are amazing. No suggestions, keep up the great work.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? For me, I didn't make a plan so I didn't really have the same experience as I had in April. Now the October read-a-thon is usually like this for me so perhaps that's ok.
  5. How many books did you read? 3
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (audiobook), This Night So Dark by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (ebook), and The Spectral Engine by Ray Fawkes (graphic novel).
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? All three were good.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? N/A
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I love cheerleading for Team Rogue. I cheerleaded mostly on Twitter so I missed a lot of people's blog posts.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Hell yeah I'll be joining again in April. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Thon. Glad that you enjoyed it and will be participating again next time.

    It is great that you also got so much reading done. Next time I will plan my posts but not my reading I think!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.