Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Girls Night in Wallingford

I met Janet, Jennifer, and Kris for a fun evening out in Wallingford. First we had sushi at Kozue. I can't wait to take Tai there. The food was really good.
We had planned to wander Wallingford and try the treats they had to offer. We put quite a few dollars into Wallingford's economy. First up was Trophy's cupcakes.
See those 2 pink cupcakes on the left hand side? I wanted a snowball. Janet and Kris beat me to it. But Kris was kind enough to share hers. I bought a triple chocolate and 3 chocolate vanilla cupcakes. Tai really liked the triple chocolate.
Janet got the snowball, lemon, carrot cake and cafe au lait. Doesn't the snowball look yummy? It was. Better than Hostess!
Next stop Chocolati for chocolates!
We had a lot of fun looking over the truffles and deciding what to get. We got some samples too.
Then we stood in line for Molly Moon's ice cream. The line was out the store and down the street. I think we waited for 1/2 hour or so.
For this. A 2 scoop cone with chocolate and ginger ice cream. So yummy and totally worth the wait. I also bought pints of salted carmel and honey lavender.
This is going to be our new thing for a while. Each month we're going to explore the food options in different neighborhoods. It sounds like so much fun.

4 comments:

  1. mouth=watering
    Great idea, that sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I really want to try some ginger ice cream now. It just sounds like such an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.