Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weekly Geek #10

This week you are asked to share books (fiction or nonfiction) and/or movies which center around an animal or animals.
  • Which are your favorites?
  • Which touched your heart the most?
  • Which have found their way onto your wish lists or TBR stacks?
  • Is there a childhood favorite?
  • Have you ever named a pet after an animal from a book or movie?
You get the idea! Have fun with this; use your imagination. Share your thoughts!

As an adjunct to this post, consider sharing photos of animals (domestic or wild) which have inspired or thrilled you, or graced your life with their presence.

When I think about animal books my favorite is Charlotte's Web. I was so in love all the characters of that book. I think I read it a thousand times.
There aren't any books about animals in my current stack. And I'm hard pressed to think about a recent character that has a beloved pet. The only one that comes to mind right now is Samantha from I Am Legend. She sticks in my mind. She was one awesome dog.
My first dog was Lady from Lady and the Tramp. Mom always said she was quite the lady. My brother had a dog named Cujo.
Recently I've been taking pictures of our friend's pets. Tai and I don't have enough room for a dog right now, so we love our friend's pets.
Jeff recently got this little Maltese, Toby. He's just a little sweetie. I took this the other day we went to the dog park.Carlo brought Stella over the other day so ignore all the mess. I couldn't get Stella to move to get a better picture. Every time I moved she moved. I love Stellie. She's such a good dog.And here we are with Simon (Jill and Jamie's dog), the greatest dog ever. Simon recently passed on. We were blessed to know such a wonderful spirit.
I look forward to getting our own little pup, but right now I enjoy spending time with these.

4 comments:

  1. It's funny, I never really had a lot of beloved animal books when I was little. I read some I know, but none that instantly spring to mind.

    But now I'd have to say my favorite are by far the Herriot books. Not sure if they count as they're non fiction but I think that's what really helps them so much. When it comes to animals truth really is stranger than fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Charlotte's Web...and Black Beauty, and Marguerite Henry's horse books, and all sorts of dog books! I'm definitely a dog person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the dogs in these pics are adorable and I love the wedding pic. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wedding photo and the dogs are lovely too.
    Happy Weekly Geeks :)

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.