Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Library Loot #10

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Alessandra and Eva that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
Last week I was a cheerleader for those doing Dewey's Read-A-Thon. That really helped me add to my to tbr.
I read about Stone Gods on Blog Goggles last week and thought it sounded fascinating.
Omnivoracious recommended Fear Agent but our library didn't have it so I went with The Man With The Screaming Brain which was written by the same guy.
I have a confession. I love the Jessica Darling series. I have a crush on Marcus Flutie! I can't wait to see how the series ends.
Jenn of Jenn's Bookshelf read the Wicked Lovely series during the read-a-thon. It sounded like a great series. I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm not sure where I heard about Black Heart Billy. But I'm sure Tai will like it.
I loved Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, the movie. I'm excited to read the book.
I also discovered Christina's blog, Stacked, during the read-a-thon. She was reading Elegance which sounded wonderful.
I read Waltz with Bashir this week. It was incredibly good. Great graphic novel with an interesting story. I need I learn more about what happened in Beriut.
I also finished Alchemy of Stone which I learned about on Urban Bachelorette. It's not something I usually read. In fact I thought it was more up Tai's alley than mine. But I really liked it.
My tbr pile is huge. I'm having to take books back without reading them which disappoints me. I'll be slowing down on getting books for a few weeks to catch up on my stack.
What did you get this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.