Thursday, April 23, 2009

Japanese Cultural Festival

Over the weekend, Tai and I went to the Japanese Cultural Festival at the Seattle Center. We weren't sure what to expect especially since I couldn't find a lot of information about it. But this is what we saw.
First there was some dancing:These dancing grandmas came out and did a line dance to That's The Way I Like It. Tai and I were laughing. Not exactly what we expected at a Japanese Cultural Festival.Then this beautiful girl came out and did a beautiful dance. I loved her kimono!
The dancing grandmas came back out for a more traditional dance. They were great.
They also had a Ikebana display:Really beautiful flowers. I really enjoyed that display.
We also saw Judo and Karate demonstrations. Tai did both in the past and he was impressed with both presentations. He's considering joining the dojo that did the Judo presentation.
All in all we had a good time. It was a great day. I think I'll put it on the calendar for next year.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for line dancing. He he he, I can just about imagine the confused looks.

    Sounds like a fun time. I'm reminded of the first and only date my husband ever planned. He asked me to a Japanese night at the University because he knew someone who was in it but the next day he had to cancel because he couldn't get tickets.

    Never planned a date night ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all sounds like fun (lots of laughs i bet). It's good to always try something new so i want to make more of an effort to do so. At the very least, if the show was bad you guys could have had fun laughing at how bad the presenters were lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen those dancing Japanese grandmas!!! I think they were on the TODAY show or something. But I've seen them!! They're great!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.