Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Weekly Geek #8

Write a post encouraging readers to look through your archives (if you have your reviews in a particular place on your blog, point them there), and find the books that they have also written reviews. Tell them to leave a link to their review on your review post. For example, I've written a review for Gods Behaving Badly and Jane Doe leaves a link to her review of Gods Behaving Badly in the comments section of my review.Edit your reviews to include those links in the body of the review post. Visit other Weekly Geeks and go through their reviews. Leave links for them.

I don't write reviews so much. I prefer to just recommend a book. But some people are so much better at reviewing books. So I went through and looked for books that I recommended and found reviews for them.

Thousand Splendid Suns-I recommended it last April. Here are some reviews:

Still Point

Mary Withrow

Bloody Hell, It's A Book Barrage

Change of Heart-I recommended it last May. Here are some reviews:

Rough Review

Serene Hours

Too Old To Know Better

Animal, Vegetable, Mineral- I recommended this last October. Here are other reviews:

The Country Doctor's Wife

The Weekend Blogger

A Little Bit Of Everything

I Feel Bad About My Neck-I recommended this in January. Here are other reviews:

David Kinchen

Framed and Booked

Leslie Jane Moran

And last month I recommended The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted. Here are what other people thought:

Just A Book Reader

Polymath At Large

Upsidedown B

It's interesting to see what other people think of books you like. I love reviews though cause I find new books to read. I'm always looking for those.

3 comments:

  1. I'm always kinda wishy washy about reviews. One is that it's so hard to avoid spoilers. Another is that sometimes certain people just hate something for reasons that may have nothing to do with the book. So you have to wade through that as well.

    I guess I like amazons more and I'll peruse the different ranges and see if anyone makes a good case for why they like something or hate something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved "I feel bad about my neck." Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your post and I enjoyed Change of Heart. I really don't like the word review for me either. I just give the synopsis of the book from either the book itself or Goodreads and then to tell about how the book made me feel or what I took away from it. I don't want to give anything away for the person who may choose to read that book sometime. I absolutely love linking other people's reviews to my thoughts. It really helps build friendships!!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.