Thursday, July 16, 2009

Baked Lemon Chicken

Last week, I had some chicken chilling in the fridge but unsure what to do with it. I was going to make my fall back, spicy apricot chicken, but it wasn't calling to me. When I saw Lisa's post on Mixing Bowl, I figured I'd use it to see if I could find an alternative chicken dish. And I found my new favorite Lemon Chicken dish.The chicken was crispy and flavorful. I have to admit I suck at making sauces. They are usually too thin. But this recipe called for cornstarch. At first I dropped the cornstarch into the sauce as is. It just balled up. I pulled out those cornstarch balls. I then mixed the cornstarch with water in a separate bowl and the whisked into the larger pot. Worked like a charm. You all knew that already didn't you? The sauce was the best sauce I've ever made. The sauce was lemony, absolutely perfect. I was licking the sauce off the plate! Very easy to make after work or as a quick lunch on a weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I suck at sauces too. They just annoy me sitting there all smug because they either are too watery or too clumpy mocking my cooking skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better, I most certainly did not know that about cornstarch. Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever used it in anything! Which means I obviously need to venture out a little bit. Perhaps I'll start with this recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just picturing you licking the sauce of that plate!!! LOL!! Sounds truly delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.