Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bon Appetit by Sandra Byrd

After reading Let Them Eat Cake, I added Bon Appétit to my library queue. I wanted to continue Lexi's story and how could I resist reading about France? I'm glad I did. I'm enjoying this series.
Lexi moves to France to learn to bake the French way. She thinks her new adventure will be fun and give her life more direction. But going to baking school and working in a bakery can be hard especially when Lexi's on her own. In Let Them Eat Cake, I had enjoyed getting to know the other women in Lexi's life. Bon Appétit is more about Lexi than anyone else. I missed Lexi's relationships with other women. Lexi certainly has a little trouble making friends in France and her focus was more on school and work. I did enjoy seeing Lexi grow and try things outside of her comfort zone.
I liked Bon Appétit. It was a quick read. I'm looking forward to the last in the series, French Twist. Others who shared their thoughts about Bon Appétit: Book Dilettante, Hitting The Books, and Lesley Ann McDaniel.

1 comment:

  1. I really do love books about food and most especially when it involves a country that I dream about visiting one day!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.