Monday, January 7, 2013

End of The Year Book Survey: 2012 Edition

It took me so long to complete this. I read so many really good books in 2012. Too hard. I had to skip questions just to complete it.

Best In Books 2012

1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. It's been more than 7 months since I read it and I'm still in love with it. 
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr. I was really excited about it but wound up feeling meh about it. 
 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
Julie and Julia by Julie Powell. I didn't care for Julie's character in the movie but I understood her better in the book. 
 4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Ready Player One, The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn were all books I recommended numerous times. 
 5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
I started several series in 2012 but my favorites are Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, Across the Universe by Beth Revis, Jodie Meadows' Newsoul, The Selection by Kiera Cass, and Jessica Spotswood's The Cahill Witch Chronicles. 
 6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Beth Revis! 
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Sudden Country by Karen Fisher. I read it for the Western Genre challenge. 
 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
The Rook by Daniel O'Malley.
 9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Ready Player One.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?

 13. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012? 
Shortest book was The Thorn and The Blossom by Theodora Goss at 82 pages.
Longest book was Blackout by Mira Grant at 659 pages.
14. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Witch Child by Celia Rees. My friend Jen loaned it to me. I'm glad she did. 

Looking Ahead…

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
I said I'd read Pride and Prejudice and I still have not. I'm planning on reading it this month.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
The end of the Across The Universe series. I can't wait to see how it ends. 
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
Keep making new friends and enjoying both reading and blogging.

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    What great books you have. I followed your blog and would love if you followed me back:
    jodiepierce.blogspot.com
    I also am looking for participants to write a vampire story for my charity anthology with all proceeds going to St.Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Please let me know if you are interested. Hope to hear from you soon!
    Keep Writing!
    Jodie Pierce

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have read some good books this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready Player One is on my MUST read list this year. I'm glad to hear that it was so good.

    It looks like you had a great year and read some awesome books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the different books that you picked. I have Ready Player One on my iPod to listen to soon!! My oldest son also loved that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is The Rook YA or adult fiction? I remember seeing that when it came out, but I didn't come across a lot of buzz about it in my circles. I'm curious.

    Here's to a year of fabulous books in 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.