Thursday, December 15, 2016

How To Say I Love You Out Loud by Karole Cozzo

I heard good things about How To Say I Love You Out Loud. I requested it from the library a couple of times before actually getting to read it. Too many books, too little time. I'm so glad I kept requesting it. How To Say I Love You Out Loud was probably one of my favorite books of 2016.

When Jordyn's autistic brother starts at her school, Jordyn doesn't want anyone to know they are related. Jordyn's whole life has revolved around Phillip. Jordyn was looking forward to school being where she was just Jordyn. But when she's outted as Phillip's sister, she has to decide who she's going to be.

I liked Jordyn even though I didn't always like her decisions. We all have our ways of dealing with anger and hurt. Jordyn just closed herself off from people. She starts to see this prevents her from getting what she wants and needs but she still feels like this is the best way. Even her close friends don't know about Phillip. Watching her realize that she's not really happy and there's no way to remove Phillip from her life is the best part of this book. Watching Jordyn find herself and be brave was amazing. You can change your perceptions even though you can't change what other people think.

How To Say I Love You Out Loud was an amazing journey. I really enjoyed it and I look forward to reading more by Cozzo. Others who shared their thoughts on How To Say I Love You Out Loud: Good Books and Good Wine, Here's To Happy Endings, and Rebel Mommy Boook Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I always love reading Swoon Reads titles, but for whatever reason this one never caught my attention. Now it has. :)

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.