Friday, November 9, 2007

Beauty Roundup-Hair

I love talking about my hair products. I love love love my hair! I'm blessed with really good hair. I have a varied diet with lots of good fats, so my hair is very healthy. But I do believe that my hair products are partly responsible for how freaking good my hair looks.
For years, I would switch shampoos and conditioners. I would use Pantene, Finesse, Nature's Gate, Neutrogena. Each would would work as promised for a few weeks. My hair would shine. Then, flat nothing! It would stop working. I bought clarifying shampoo and that would help but nothing would regain those beginning days. So I would find another shampoo.
A few years ago, I was introduced to a brand called Sensaria (back then it was called Natural Bodycare). It's one of those sell at home companies. I went to a party and learned about their facial products. I liked their products and used them occasionally. Then at one party (my friends all use one or two of their products so we take turns hosting the parties) I noticed they had shampoos and conditioners. I was in a hair care rut, I decided to try to their shampoo. OMG, my hair felt clean and healthy. The conditioner was so wonderful that I hardly needed more than a squirt. I choose to try the Rosemary Mint which is for normal hair but over time I've tried the whole line-Sweet Orange, Mango, and Cherry Almond. I think each on is terrific.
Over the past 4 years (!), I have strayed. I admit it. But I come rushing back to Sensaria every time. Nothing works on my hair quite the same.
I don't sell Sensaria so I don't profit from my shameless plugs. I tell everyone how wonderful their product is because I truly feel like it is.
As far as styling product, I use whatever I find cheap at the store. I have no favorites here. I don't put a lot of product in my hair on a daily basis. I do like Garnier Fructis Style Surf Texture Paste. It gets my hair all piecey. When I go out dancing, I like using that on my hair. Which means I hardly ever use it now!

1 comment:

  1. lol... wait until you try the body wash. I use the Rosemary Mint body wash... it is as good as the shampoos & conditioners are. I love the way my skin feels after a shower. That you must try.

    I actually do sell it (or I'm suppose to)... but mainly I am a Rep for the discount because I buy so much of it that it is worth it for me cost-wise, but also help my cousin above me who is running on one kidney.

    Sensaria products I use are:
    1. Cherry Almond/Rosemary Mint/Mango Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Wash.
    2. Normal/Combination Skincare system... oh with my Clarisonic skin brush that cost me only $95 to get through Sensaria instead of the ridiculous prices out there when I first got it... ehem over $200.
    3. Skin Perfecting Serum, which is a great makeup primer... just as great as Smashbox's.
    4. Lots of serums & masks. Fun stuff!
    5. Sweet & Smooth Salt Scrub, which actually makes shaving a whole lot easier and razors last longer after using this scrub. The oils left behind after lightly rinsing to remove the salt & sugar make the razor glide well... no friction which wears out your razor and no razor burn to deal with either. I use Gillette razors only, so that's a big expense I'm saving on using S&S.
    6. I use Renew & Rejuvenate lotion and mud body scrub... but normally people like the fragranced ones... I prefer stuff with minerals from mud. I kinda use the mud body scrub as a mask... let it sit on my skin to soak it mud goodness to re-mineralize my skin.
    7. Coconut Body Butter that I mix with Archipelago Botanicals Brown Sugar butter... makes a delicious DELICIOUS fragrance if you like candy-fragrances.
    8. Their new manicure kit is to die for. This just released last month and it has every hand product needed to do a really nice manicure without the paint & filing. I was so impressed that I bought 5 kits and gave them to friends. There is also the foot care collection for pedicures... they recently added a foot mask. I could swear this stuff rivals Creative brand products.

    I don't care much for their new LipShape... which is like one of those lip plumpers. But I like Lip Smooth which sloughs off dead skin on lips in a way I've never seen before. I definitely don't like the body brush, it falls apart and I wish they'd upgrade the bristles to cactus hairs which are more durable and natural. Pretty much you can't go wrong with Sensaria... there are so many great products to use.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.