Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Rousing Reception

For some reason, I've been fixated on the timing of the reception. The ceremony and the reception will be at the same place. We'll be getting married outside on the grass and the food and everything will be inside in the barn. After the ceremony, we'll walk back up the asle toward the barn, then what?
I surfed the Internet looking for timelines of the reception. The Knot has one but I didn't like it. I found this one, that I did like. But everyone talks about cocktail hour. We're not serving cocktails! The site doesn't allow alcohol! So what do I call it? Wait around hour? Of course I'll have drinks available for people, some soft music playing, maybe some snacks. I'm not sure that I want formal pictures anyway. I don't have use for an 8x10 glossy of me and Mr A in our wedding clothes.
The last wedding I went to the Bride and Groom entered the reception and danced their first dance. I'm not a fan of that plan. I think the dancing should all be at the same time. So we enter, we're announced, there are toasts, we eat, we dance. Yeah I think that will work.
OT, but last night when I came home from dinner with M & Mrs W (who is thisclose to popping), there sat Mr A, bald headed! He's shaved his hair numerous times but he usually warns me. I thought I walked into the wrong house! His scalp has been bothering him so he thought loosing the hair might help. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, thanks for posting the link to that timeline! That one is much better than anything I've seen. I'll have to show it to Mark too. He's only been to apostolic weddings really, so he says that the receiving line is first.. guests go through that, straight to the food line, leaving the bride and groom to eat LAST.

    He also thinks the cake cutting is the very first thing that's done so guests can take their piece of cake with their food (we're doing buffet-style) I seen the cake cutting first at the only wedding I attended (again, apostolic) and it was kind of disappointing b/c most people didn't get to see it. They basically started it before anyone was even in there TO see.

    I don't like either of those ideas lol.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.