Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving breakfast

So this is becoming a food blog :) Don't worry I'll write about the wedding soon. I know you all are waiting for the wedding stuff.
Have you ever had hand ground coffee?
I did. I took our coffee maker over to Dad's cause he doesn't have one. Yeah, he drinks instant coffee. But I forgot our coffee grinder. I didn't want to go home for it so I hand ground the coffee with a mortar and pestle. It was weak! I don't think I ground it enough. But it was ok. We drink our weak coffee with homemade bagels.
Yes, that's a homemade bagel. I found this recipe on Confections of A Foodie Bride. Go to her site to see how they really should look. Mine were kind of lumpy but pretty good. I misread the ingredients and bought maple syrup instead of maple extract. So I used a little more than a tablespoon of maple syrup. The bagels had a very pumpkin pie taste to them. I don't think I'll make these again until I get a stand mixer. It was kind of hard to mix the dough by hand. They were pretty yummy with cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.