Monday, April 14, 2014

Favorite Restaurants-The Eastside Edition

I've been meaning to write up a list of our favorite restaurants so here we go. I'll do a Seattle one later but this is just the Eastside (Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, etc)

Seastar (website, yelp)-hands down our favorite seafood place. The food is always excellent. We usually get the Seastar Iced Shellshock Bowl. It has all our favorites including oysters and crab. Tai will always get the scallops if they are on the menu.

Ginza (website, yelp)-a great Japanese restaurant. They have some great sushi but I love their cooked food best. A lot of their dishes are seasonal so I usually get whatever the special is. The parking sucks. I recommend parking on Main or closer to Bellevue Square and walking.

Din Tai Fung (website, yelp)-Our usually place for Chinese. It's dum sum without the carts. I love their spareribs. Tai loves their spicy dumplings. We both love their cucumbers. Peak times have long lines. We usually go at off times.

Szechuan Chef (websiteyelp)-Our other go to Chinese restaurant. I love their hand shaven chow mein noodles.

Kukai Ramen (website, yelp)-Tai and I were over the moon when a ramen place opened up near us. We like Kukai's traditional broth. I like the tonkotsu shoyu ramen and Tai likes the yuza shio ramen.

Noppakao Thai-(website, yelp)-Jeff took us to this Thai restaurant a few years ago. Tai and I have gone back multiple times. The food is so fresh and delicious.

Naan-N-Curry (website, yelp)- Tai's favorite Indian restaurant. He loves their Chicken Tikka Masala.

Mayuri Indian Cusine (website, yelp)-My favorite Chicken Tikka Masala. I can eat the sauce with naan for days.

Saigon City (yelp)-Kind of unfair since I know the family that owns Saigon but my favorite pho ever. I love their vermicelli bowls in the summer.

This isn't a comprehensive list. I'm sure I'll add more as time goes on. And I'll do a Seattle list soon too.

2 comments:

  1. Facing East, should get a nod as you loved their spareribs. Best restaurant steak ever was at El Gaucho..
    We do not go there anymore, but Magianno's oil and vinegar with their bread is really yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.