Friday, April 19, 2013

Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carringer

A coworker of mine loaned me Etiquette & Espionage since she knows much I enjoyed The Parasole Protectorate series. I was very happy that E&E is set in the same world as TPP (just about 50 years before TPP). I enjoyed seeing that world from a new angle.
Sophronia is a handful. She is forever getting into messes and creating havoc. Rumor is her mother's shipping her off to the vampires. Truth is her mother is sending her to finishing school. Sophronia does not want to be finished. Yet, off she goes and plunged into a world full of flywaymen, werewolves, espionage, and curtseying. Sophronia is quick and curious, two very useful traits. She immediately befriends Dimity and the two of them set out to learn the secrets of Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.
I found Sophronia to be delightful. I completely enjoyed getting to know her. I also like Dimity even though she was a little dim at times. I especially enjoyed those characters that came from TPP series. A little younger but still there. I won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't read it. I was delighted to "see" some familiar faces!
I didn't expect to enjoy Etiquette & Espionage so much but I'm thrilled that I did. I'm looking forward to continuing the series. Others who shared their thoughts on Etiquette & Espionage: A Girl Lost In A Book, Weirdmage's Reviews, Novel Friends, The Book Bellas, and One A Day YA.

2 comments:

Shiny! I love comments.