Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. 



Today's topic: Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger 
I can't remember how this book ended up in my hands but I adored it. After reading The Red Tent, I wanted to talk to other people about. Sadly I couldn't convince my friends to read it with me or immediately after I did. The Red Tent is how I found out there were book bloggers. 
Another book I absolutely loved. Lucky Ashley read it around the same time as me so we could chat about our mutual enjoyment of Girl With A Pearl Earring.
I could relate Siddalee. My mother wasn't an alcoholic but she grew up in the same Catholic upbringing as Vivi. Some of Siddalee's stories were close to my childhood. It was like hearing from a friend.
I read this back in college. I had very little exposure to SciFi but I loved The Left Hand of Darkness. I certainly started to seek out more SciFi.
Another one I read in college. I was transfixed by Offred's story. I also read more of Atwood's work but The Handmaid's Tale remains my favorite.
I remember Ashley told me about Good In Bed. I either bought it or grabbed it from the library. I stayed up all night reading it and sobbed at the end.
A former coworker of mine loaned me the first couple of books of this series around the time it came out. She was hoping Left Behind would sway me to Christianity. It didn't but I adored the series anyway. I read each book in a matter of hours. Very gripping and entertaining.
I don't know how I found Laurie Notaro but I'm glad I did. I picked this one up after buying Autobiography of a Fat Bride for a friend who was getting married. Love her books.
I think this was another Ashley recommended book. I was deep in chick lit land back then so I'd read a few of Green's other books but Jemima J remains my favorite of hers.
I don't remember why I read East of Eden. I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed it. 

What are your favorites from before you started blogging?


4 comments:

  1. The Red Tent is a popular choice today! I also loved Girl With a Pearl Earring, Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and Jemima J. East of Eden is an all-time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read many of these except East Of Eden. I'm not a big Steinbeck fan, but that one I would def. reread & still have the book from high school :)

    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Top 10, I don't believe I've read any of these titles yet
    New Follower
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read six of them and loved them big time. I thought The Red Tent was spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.