Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Library Loot

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.


This is the third time I've checked out this book. Perhaps the third time is the charm?
Another one for the Fill In The Gaps challenge.
I spotted this one Christine's loot earlier this month. I was pretty happy to find this one on the library shelf.
I grabbed this one since I'm hoping to find a few more bean recipes. 
I'm hoping this one has some good meal ideas. 
After seeing Olduvai's review, I found this one the library shelf. 
I wanted to read this and was pretty happy about finding it on the library shelf.

What did you get this week?

5 comments:

  1. Miss Pettigrew is supposed to be good although I haven't been able to lay my hands on a copy yet.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of beans this week! I'm also relieved to know you don't always read every book all the way through when you check them out! I finally finished Girl in Translation tonight. It was great! I'll probably write about it soon, my head is totally swimming in it right now, it's hard to concentrate on real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! So glad you found Spilling the Beans! I copied down a few of the recipes and hope to try them soon--most stews so I am waiting for the air to chill a bit before cooking them. I'm still a bit in summer mode with our dinners.

    I also borrowed Bean by Bean several months ago and jotted down a few of those recipes too.

    Looking forward to your thoughts on both of these.

    I love that your borrowed True Grit! I've always wanted to read that because it was #1 on the NYT Best seller list the week I was born! :) I saw the newer movie for the first time earlier this year. I liked it a lot! Have you seen it--the new or the original?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the third time does it for you!! I have the Pettigrew book too. I love looking at the books you check out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read the Pettigrew book as well!

    Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.