Friday, September 21, 2012

Fry Day: Onion Rings

Back to the continuing story of our frying adventures. Last time I showed you the fried twinkies we made. This week it's deep fried onion rings.

Linda's Fried Onion Rings

1 onion 
1 1/2 cup flour
9 oz of beer 
oil for frying

Heat oil to 350. Slice onion into rings. Separate rings. I left the small pieces in the center together and fried them as a clump.
Combine flour with beer. Pour slowly into the flour. I find mixing with a fork works best. It's up to you about the type of beer you use. Some of the flavor will come through.
Dip rings in batter. I found a wooden skewer worked well to drudge them through the batter. Add 2-3 rings to the oil at time. After a few minutes flip the rings over carefully to get an even golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. 

2 comments:

Shiny! I love comments.