Saturday, September 29, 2007

Wedding Dress Frustration

According to my self-imposed deadline, I have should have a dress by November. Since I started looking in August, I figured this would be easy, but it's not.
I'm not terribly picky about the dress. It should look good on me and not cost a fortune. I'm not looking at Vera Wang, Maggie Sortento, or Judd Waddell. I'm cheap, incredibly cheap.
In August I took Mrs W, M and Kitty Lover (my formal wear obsessed friend) to David's Bridal. I figured they've have cheap dresses and I knew they'd have my size (not a 2).
I really liked this dress:
(From David's Bridal) I originally thought I would hate this dress. A girl on the Knot thought it looked like you had a duvet wrapped around your waist. I agreed. Until I tried it on. I felt like a princess. It was a beautiful dress and I really liked it.
This dress also looked good on me:(Also from David's Bridal). It was different that the other dress, but I love halter tops. I felt that I could wear either of these dresses and be very happy.
But I am cheap, so I wasn't about to buy one at David's. I did go to their $99 sale which was bogus because there's a really limited selection of $99 dresses, mostly clearance dresses. So I turned to eBay. I figured I would have no problem finding a dress there. Ha! I've seen both these dresses listed for close to the same price as David's Bridal. Used. I've looked at other dresses but I haven't tried on enough dresses to know what I really want. So I have to head back to the store.
Although I was looking online last night and found this dress: (From FairyGothMother)

I think it's really cool. I love the corset top. That's one thing I love about some of these wedding dresses. Problem is that this isn't a dress. It's a corset, an underskirt, and an overskirt. Three separate pieces so more expensive. Plus the store is in the UK so the prices are a little higher. If I could find this in the States, in ivory, gold, or light pink, I would be very happy.

1 comment:

  1. I started looking early. As soon as Mark and I decided that that's where our relationship is going, I started looking at wedding stuff lol.

    I found the one I love pretty quickly. I took it as a sign when I seen the exact gown and BM dress in a magazine ad.. so I settled on that choice. I tried it on (in a different color) and loved how it looked on me! I can't wait to order it :-D

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.