Friday, August 8, 2008

Learn More About Us

Since I'm going to be talking more about us and not our wedding, I thought I would tell you more about Tai and I.
First a little more about my hubby, Tai. Tai moved here about 5 years ago from Los Angeles. A lot of times people ask me if he moved here for me. Honestly we didn't meet til after he lived here. Tai's one of five and almost all of his siblings still live in Los Angeles area. Tai loves to game. He plays several online games. Not WoW. I won't let him, too expensive and takes up too much time. But he plays lots of online free ones. He also plays D&D with some friends he's found. But he's always up for a good board game which I love since my folks hated board games when I was a kid. Tai loves to read. Usually we don't read the same thing but sometimes we will. He likes scifi a lot more than I do. But we both love graphic novels and read tons of them(Y:The Last Man is one of our favorites).
Tai is a fount of movie knowledge. He's tons of movies, blockbusters and the obscure ones too. His favorite are horror movies. The ones where lots of people die. And zombie movies. He has to wait til I go to sleep because I hate scary movies. I'm such a wimp!
More about me. I was born and raised here in the Seattle area which is pretty rare. I did go to college in Ohio but came home after college. I have a special place in my heart for Ohio and Pittsburgh since I spent a lot of time there. I really do like to cook. And I love to eat. I'm hard pressed to think of things I don't like. It's a short list-calamari and anchovies. I'll be doing some restaurant reviews in the coming months.
I love movies, but I tend to like romantic comedies, dramas, and the occasional documentaries. I see everything-new, old, classics and those campy ones too. Our DVD collection is growing to prove it! I read a lot too. Mostly fiction and hardly ever non-fiction except a good memoir or biography. I'm currently reading Certain Girls by Jennifer Wiener. I'm not digging it too much. I was a huge fan of Good In Bed and nothing has come close to that. I'm always looking for a good book recommendation so feel free to let me know if you have one.
Our tiny one bedroom is loaded with all our crap. The kitchen is full of appliances and kitchen gadgets. We have 4 computers which we spend a lot time on. We'd love to have pets but with so little space don't don't feel right having a dog. I keeping thinking a cat but again I want to wait for more space.
Now I feel like I'm rambling. Let me know if you have a question and I'll be happy to try to answer it.

4 comments:

  1. You fiance sounds a lot like mine. He loves to play games as well, he's really into Magic the gathering and I've learned how to play.

    The only bad thing is that I am not that competitive so I like the approach of just sitting back and slowly poking my opponent than attacking out right. I think it drives him nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that I have been typing fiance too much, your husband is what I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Questions: How did you and Tai meet? How did you decide to get married? All the courtship questions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate scary movies and calamari too! I need to teach my new hubby that trick of watching them when I go to bed- he's always trying to trick me into them! But then- I always go to bed way after him since he's up at 4am for work usually!

    And I swore off calamari after spending a couple weeks being forced to teach my classes in the hallway/outside/another class when the class next door was dissecting squid and I was getting sick from the smell!!

    Loving reading your wedding recaps!! Hopefully getting to mine soon!! Hope you are loving being a wife as much as I am!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.