Friday, March 6, 2009

Vintage Volvos

I love vintage cars especially vintage Volvos. My first car was a Volvo station wagon like this one:Image found here. I drove it til I wrecked it. It was a sad day. I have many a happy memory riding around with my folks in that car.
My best friend in high school had a Volvo similar to this one:Image here. Again more happy memories driving around with her in her car. I loved that there was a cup holder in the glove compartment. Along with a mirror. Came in handy.
I just loved looking at these old cars. They don't make cars like this anymore. I wish they did. I used to love the way the Volvo slammed shut. It was so heavy. Also they creaked. My doors just don't make the same sounds. I wish I could afford one. The maintenance can get so expensive. If I had unlimited resources I would buy one and maintain it myself.

2 comments:

  1. I drive an LTD that is oh about 3 years younger than me, but you know it puts up with anything and drives better than most cars I've ever drived.

    It's also nice to know that in a fight 9 times out of 10 I'm sure to win based upon mass alone.

    I really don't want to change to a plastic one but I fear soon I'll have no choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I haven't seen too many of those old Volvo's on the streets lately! They were definitely cool.

    I have a '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's red. And I do really like it- it's been a great car, still runs great at almost 200K miles, but like Sabrina, I might have to get something a little newer soon. We'll see. I would love something newer, that had quicker acceleration and drove smoother, but then I do love the Jeep.

    Plus, also like Sabrina, down here in Texas you need something with definite mass to get out on the streets. I cringe for the people in the Smart Cars down here - there are so many trucks on the road, it just wouldn't be a fair fight at all!! And with all the trucks, you need something higher up to just be able to see!!! ;-)

    You know what my second car (it was to be my first, but my dad hadn't finished working on it yet)was??? 1982 Firebird. That kind of off-lilac color. Oh, I thought I was sooooo cool.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.