Friday, March 27, 2009

A Wish Granted

Tai's been asking me to make sukiyaki for some time now. I decided his birthday was the perfect reason to give it a try. I headed to Uwajimaya and found this recipe. I bought all the ingredients and headed home to try it out. I've never had it but Tai says I hit this one out of the park. It was delicious. A little time consuming, all the chopping but pretty easy to make. I followed the recipe pretty closely although I added beer (light beer) about 3/4 cup to the sauce. Tai mentioned that a friend of his did that and it sounded like a good add.
Have you ever had sukiyaki? Ever made? Any tips for me?

1 comment:

  1. I've never had it but it looks interesting. Too bad I doubt I could get my hands on some of those ingrediants.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.