Friday, June 27, 2008

And the Bride Wore a Black Brace

So for the past week or so my right wrist has been aching. I wasn't able to put pressure on it. Tai massaged it but suggested I go to a doctor to make sure it wasn't carpal tunnel. I kept calling it wedding related carpal tunnel. But I agreed and went to get it checked out.
No carpal tunnel but I do have tendinitis. So I have to wear this:
For the next 3 weeks. I told the doctor there is no way I'm wearing this to my wedding. She mentioned I might be able to find it in white. I laughed, like hell, I'm going to wear this thing at my wedding.
It is a PITA to wear. I'm so limited in what I can do. Writing is really hard. I'm able to type fine though. I'm definitely not wearing to my bachelorette tomorrow. But it is helping, my wrist does feel better.
I do blame all the craft projects for this though.

3 comments:

  1. That sucks! I hope that you can finish all of your projects!

    I am so bad about taking medicine when I'm told you, but if they told you to make it for 7 days even if it doesn't hurt, do it. It works miracles when my tendonitis flares up.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tendonitis in my wrist is well. My advice...as long as you can sleep with it on, it'll do a world of wonder. I still sleep with my brace on a few nights a week. Although my doctor advised me that if I didn't wear my brace regularly (at least those first few weeks) they would put me in a permanent cast! My brace, btw, is purple! :) Crafting does take its toll! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you get better soon, and wearing the brace for now will make your wrist feel great for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.