Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Obsession: Cards!

I have always loved cards. I love getting cards, sending cards, writing cards, everything about cards. I keep a basket full of cards on hand! Yes, I'm like your 80 year aunt. I keep cards that people give me but I have to weed them out every so often. I don't want 6 huge boxes of cards one day-like my Mom had til Dad and I recycled them.
Every time I go to the store, I keep an eye out for cards on sale. I'm not allowed to buy cards full price anymore. Buying cards when you really don't need them allows me to buy them cheap. In fact I buy my holiday cards after the holidays. They are super cheap then. I try to write my holiday cards Thanksgiving weekend, so I have them handy to write them.
But now, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Thank You Cards. I bought 2 packs for $8 a few months ago, but I've used a few of them. So I need to find some more like these:
(From Hallmark, Target and Cranes) I like these despite the fact they don't go with our "theme". I don't really think everything has to match. Who remembers what colors someone else used for their wedding? I most likely will go with simple cards to go with a variety of occasions. I'm not buying different cards for the shower gifts and wedding gifts. I'd just like a variety of cards so I don't send the same one to the same person twice.
Eeee, I love the idea of getting gifts. Although that's not the reason we're getting married, but that's why I need thank you cards. To thank everyone for giving us awesome gifts!
I did think about making my own thank you cards, but because I'm DIYing our STDs and invites, I decided that it wasn't necessary to make our thank you cards. Especially since I can find cards pretty cheap because I'm not attached to any one kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.