According to the knot, it’s 150 days til the wedding. I can’t believe we’re down to that many already. It feels like yesterday when we were over 300 days. My little counter moved so slowly. But now it’s going to move faster. I was thinking that 140 days is only 10 days from today-February 29. And 120 days is March 20th! See how fast everything moves after 150?
So I thought I’d update everyone on where we are and what’s coming up.
- The venue. I need to make another trip out there and measure the barn and count the number of tables there. Dad wants to go and see it too. I think we’ll make a field trip out of it.
- The photographer. He called a few weeks ago to touch base. Too bad I was in a foul mood otherwise I would have gone over some stuff with him.
- The caterer. I can’t wait to eat our yummy salmon!
- The guy’s clothing. I sent Tai and Jamie’s measurements to Jeff over the weekend. Hopefully he’ll order them soon so they guys can have them by May (?).
- Bridesmaids’ outfits. Marta and Ashley have their dresses and they are looking for shoes.
- My dress. You already know about that.
- Drinks for reception. We lucked out and bought 36 cases of Jones soda (cola, diet cola, and lemon lime) for $38! Our local QFC was having one hell of a sale. We’ll also buy water and juice at Costco before the wedding.
- The invitations. This weekend my wonderful fiancé gave me an out. Since we “saved” money on the caterer I didn’t have to make my own invitations. We could have them done. I’m kind of torn about this. It’ll save me a lot of time and effort. Time I could spend with Tai and effort that I could concentrate elsewhere. But I kind of had it my head to make them. I want to make them. We still don’t have the budget for letterpress. I still am wavering on my decision.
- The florist. I have an appointment this Saturday to meet with the florist at Whole Foods to see if they can do our flowers. I’m pretty excited to have checked off.
- The favors. I have about half of them bought. I need to make tags which shouldn’t be too bad especially if I don’t make the invites.
- The desserts. We’re not having cake but I don’t think we made a final decision on this.
- Centerpieces. Finish finding lanterns. I almost have enough. Get more buckets for flowers. Buy more silk flowers.
Left to do:
- Rentals of tables and chairs. I have a couple of places to call. I want to go out and count the tables there first.
- Buy our rings. We picked them out. I just have to order them.
- Plan rehearsal dinner. My original plan isn’t going to work. Boo!
- Find shoes!
- Reserve town car for Dad and myself. I’ll probably do this closer to the date.
- Buy a tent and inflatable bed.
Most of the stuff I have left to do is making calls and placing deposits. I hope to have the first 2 done by this time in March (120!) and the other things will hopefully just get done by the end of June. I really want to have those last couple of weeks to relax. My plan is to have everything done by July 1. If I need to do small things, that’s ok. But I don’t want to be finishing the centerpieces the night before.