Monday, February 18, 2008

Yeah, The Dress

I don't think I've really mentioned my wedding dress. One reason is I really don't think about it. And I don't really think I like my dress.
I had some requirements: floor length, strapless, no train, and beading on the bodice. I didn't want to pay a fortune and I didn't want white. I liked the idea of being different.
Maybe it's the idea that I like. Anyway, I bought this dress:I got an awesome deal on it. It's a gorgeous dress. It's a little too big right now. It fits pretty much all the things I wanted. Or so I thought.
I keep having visions of something more bridal.
Don't I want the one chance to wear something that looks lot more weddingish or bridal? Will I look at my pictures 10 years from now and think, what the hell?
I never got that moment of this is my dress. None of the David's Bridal dresses gave me that feeling. I remember at Victoria's Bridal Salon, thinking, I'm going to get married. I'm going to wear a fabulous dress. Yea!
I keep thinking I need to look some more, but we're coming up on five months til the wedding. I most likely will not be able to order a dress and have to buy off the rack which I'm fine with.
Should I get hung up on the color of the dress? Because I think that's the only thing I don't like about my current dress. I should be completely happy with my dress. I'm going to keep an eye out for another dress, but I'll be ok with wearing that dress too.
Once I get it altered I'll post more pictures. Perhaps that will give a better idea on what it actually looks like.

2 comments:

  1. It is pretty!!!

    I think that it is weddingy/bridal looking! And I think lots of people worry about if they really selected the right one...

    I worry that I got one that is too formal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's lovely. And if you are worried about whether or not it's "bridal" enough, you can probably do something with a headpiece that will make you feel better.

    What color is the current dress? I can't quite tell.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.