Monday, October 13, 2008

Yummy Breakfast

On Saturdays and Sundays I make breakfast. I'm got into the routine of making eggs, bacon or sausage, and toast or rice. But this Saturday I decided I needed to find some other breakfast recipes. I did a quick internet search didn't yield an recipes that I could make right then. I seemed to lack a few ingredients. So I created a recipe using what I had.

Mexican Egg Bake

6 eggs
1 bell pepper
1 small can of chopped green chilies
1/2 onion
1 can of chopped black olives
4 tbsp milk
1/4 cup of melted butter

Preheat oven to 350°. Chop bell peppers and onion. Scramble eggs and mix eggs, melted butter and milk. Add peppers, chilies, onions, and olives to egg mix. Coat 9"x13" with nonstick spray. Pour egg veggie mix into pan. Cook til firm in the middle-about 40 minutes. I served with salsa and crescent rolls.
I found a new breakfast favorite. I could change the ingredients and have completely different dish! Plus it reheats nicely. I served it reheated in a tortilla which was good too.

1 comment:

Shiny! I love comments.